Hire Barnard’s Inn Hall
Whether you are hosting dinner and drinks, presenting a lecture or looking for a remarkable filming location, our historic venue offers a unique and stunning setting.
Barnard’s Inn Hall is a versatile space suitable for a range of different layouts. Our adjoining rooms are a perfect place for small meetings or dinners, as well as being suitable for use as breakout rooms during team meetings and conferences. Our private courtyard offers an ideal outdoor space for a drinks reception.
The Main Hall:
The Main Hall is our largest and most versatile space, measuring 69 square metres (740 square feet). The Hall can host:
- 80 delegates theatre style
- 50 guests for lunch or dinner
- 90 guests for a drinks reception
The Headmaster’s Study:
The Headmasters Study can be used as a small dining room, a meeting room or a green room for a larger event. The space fits up to:
- 10 guests for a meeting or lunch/dinner
- 15 guests for a seminar
- 30 guests for a reception
The Council Chamber:
The Council Chamber, situated below the main hall is suitable for both meetings and presentations:
- 60 delegates theatre style
- 18 delegates for a table meeting
Our historic venue
Barnard’s Inn Hall was established as an Inn of Chancery in 1454 and parts of the original building can still be seen in the Council Chamber. The Great Fire of London in 1666 stopped just metres away from the hall, and the building contains the only surviving crown posts in the city. In 1892 the freehold was purchased by the Mercers’ Company and the building housed the Mercers’ School from 1894 until 1959. Barnard’s Inn was also vividly described by Charles Dickens in Great Expectations. Barnard’s Inn Hall has been home to Gresham College since 1991.
Specialist services and features:
- Our AV team are experts in live-streaming and recording lectures and events
- The historic Barnard’s Inn Hall is a sought-after filming location
- The acoustics in the Main Hall are ideal for music and live performances
Our team is on hand to help with the planning and delivery of your event. We can support your catering, AV and access needs.
For a quote or further information, contact us at email@example.com