Gresham College is launching a Competition for Year 12 students in September 2022, to promote the art of communicating complex information in a clear, concise and compelling way. This will
support the development of oracy skills;
help students with UCAS applications and job interviews;
promote a deeper understanding of the environment;
introduce students to the inspiring research of world-class academics.
This year the competition is focussed on the environment / sustainability in a five-minute, recorded presentation. Shortlisted candidates will then be invited to present again in person in London, and there will be three awards (including prizes for student and the school).
If you would like to receive updates about this exciting new competition, send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or join our schools’ mailing list:
1. Participating in the Gresham Students competition will help students develop oracy and presentation skills useful for interviews and public speaking opportunities; it will also enhance CVs and UCAS applications.
2. The entry process is quick and easy, with entries filmed and submitted within 5 minutes.
3. Finalists will meet a panel of prestigious judges.
4. Winners will receive cash prizes and medals: £250 gold, £200 silver and £150 bronze.
5. The schools of winners will also benefit with priority access to lectures, visits from Professors or senior leaders, and a certificate.
6. Since 2022 is a pilot year so we expect fewer entries so a great opportunity to do well.
How to Enter
Part A: Video Submission
Each school will be sent a list of questions relating to this year’s theme of 'environment/sustainability';
To enter, each student will film and submit a five-minute video of themselves answering their chosen question. Guidance and resources will also be provided to help students plan;
Guidance and resources will also be provided to help students explain complex issues in a clear, concise, logical and engaging way.Key dates: Competition opens 15 Sep 2022; Competition closes on 15 Nov 2022; Entrants notified by 30 Nov 2022:
Part B: Public Presentation on Tues 24 Jan 2023 at Gresham College
Following shortlisting, finalists will be invited to a panel event to present their topic live;
Each finalist will have five minutes to present and five minutes for Q&A with the panel;
Three Gresham medals will be awarded (Bronze, Silver and Gold), along with finalist certificates.
15th September 2022: Competition opens
15th November 2022: Competition closes
30th November 2022: Entrants notified
24th January 2023: In-person presentation at Gresham College.