An independently funded educational institution, Gresham College exists to continue the free public lectures which have been given for over 400 years, and to:
- Foster study, learning and research, particularly (but not exclusively) in those disciplines represented by the Gresham Professorships
- Supplement the disciplines of the Gresham Professorships with a range of relevant additional series, one-off lectures, seminars and symposia in subject areas as considered appropriate in the twenty-first century
- Foster academic consideration of contemporary issues and problems
- Challenge those who live and work in London and elsewhere to engage in intellectual debate
- Make a contribution to society through the pursuit, dissemination, and application of knowledge, by means of innovative collaboration and partnerships
- Be open and all-embracing, encouraging diversity both in disciplines and the profile of Professors, lecturers and audiences
- Publicise and communicate the work of the College and its Professors, sharing information and new learning to an ever-widening and increasing audience in London, the UK and beyond
Barnard's Inn Hall
Telephone: 020 7831 0575
Use of Gresham College lectures
Gresham College has existed since 1597 in order to disseminate knowledge and information through our free public lectures. We positively encourage the use of the Gresham College lecture transcripts, audio and video files for all educational purposes.
All Gresham College lectures are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.